Pages

Saturday 31 December 2011

New Year Resolutions

I'm not one for making New Year Resolutions, mainly because I know I won't keep them. But this year I may change my mind. Also I have chosen to write my blog again - take no notice of the date of the last blog; I have written blogs elsewhere, but have decided to stick with this one.

Writing; I sent an historical Liverpool saga to an agent for consideration and (whisper it softly) she seemed to like it. However, she did suggest changing the leading character, which I did, and now I'm awaiting her verdict. I am also revising another saga, which I wrote a few years ago and I am thinking of entering it into a competition.

It is amazing how different the revised story is now after being left fallow for a while - I can immediately see what needs to be done; and that very long passage I thought so eloquent and informative is now long-winded and drags the story, so finger on the delete button - ah, that's better.

I call this my literary diet and intend to shed tons of unwanted words. After the word shedding the story shaping exercise will take place. At the end of all this shedding and exercising, hopefully, it will look good enough to get me a publishing contract. Well, I can dream. It's what keeps me going.

A New Year beckons and anything is possible.

See you next year. All the very best to all of you
x  

No comments:

Post a Comment